Oktal (Sogeclair Group)
Key player in aeronautics, automotive and railway markets, Oktal is a supplier of simulation solutions adapted to training, research and engineering. The company joined the Simulation Division of Sogeclair Group in 2000.
Facing a high increase in its activities, Oktal wanted to industrialize the production of some of its simulators, used by its various markets (automotive, railway, aeronautics).
With this aim in mind, the company had to get equipped with a PLM solution that can provide, for every step of the system products development cycle (design, development, manufacture and maintenance) :
- product effectivities management,
- modelization and application of its product conception and modification process,
- management of system products configuration,
- past projects capitalization, to reuse the technological bricks that have been developed,
- maintenance management (multi-sites and multi-clients).
We have worked in close collaboration with Oktal in order to make DocDokuPLM platform available and matching with their needs and within the pressing due date.
So our project approach was the following :
- Functional and technical analysis,
- Customization according to requirements,
- Setup and configuration,
- Key users training,
- Private cloud for solution deployment.
In less that 6 months, the project was successfully completed, running in production and using real products.
Discover below one of Oktal’s most appreciated feature, thanks to its flexibility and multi-context dimension. It is in fact the search function or “Query builder” that answers to two main goals :
- Maximum autonomy : the module offers an excellent flexibility. Users can liberally make the most of the PLM datas without any required intervention on the code,
- Cross-referenced search : if the datas displayed by the query are focused on articles, search results can also return informations linked to the finished products instances.
The export feature is coming from this module, allowing search result to be transposed into a spreadsheet format.